Urjanet offers coverage for thousands of utilities across the globe. However, not all of those utilities are suitable for every use case. Each utility integration can be categorized by many attributes. Urjanet ensures that it exposes utility providers that are compatible with your needs.
Searching for Providers
A real-time list of providers is always available. This list contains all utilities available via the On-Demand API. In the current system, there are 2 common user groups.
- Credit & Lending: Filter for the Credit Use Case (Instructions Here)
- Solar: Filter for the Solar Use Case
Each use case has different criteria to deem a provider available. It's important to filter to the set of providers that will meet the needs of your users.
Default Use Case: If no Use Case is specified, providers compatible with the Credit Use Case are returned.
Selecting a Provider
From the list of providers, the user must select a provider for submission. Each provider has a unique identifier, which can be submitted to the On-Demand API. Once submitted, Urjanet returns more detailed data about that utility. The most important data is listed below:
- Name: Unique string identifying the utility.
- Description: Long form name of the utility.
- URL: Link to the providers online portal.
- Required Fields: Information needed to submit a data request.
- Ex. If Seattle City Light requires Security Question & Answer, Username2 and Password2 will be required fields.